Stone and Marble sector represent 4.8% of the Palestinian Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The average annual sales of the sector are approximately $600 million Technology in use is mostly semiautomatic for 85%, with some automatic equipment for 15% of the sector. 95% of the raw material comes from local sources.
The Middle East region also counts as a strong market with an increasing potential as a neighboring market that is supported by existing distribution systems. Some leading companies have successfully penetrated the American and European markets. Overall, the Palestinian stone has high export potential, and is similar to the marble currently exchanged in world markets with a variety of colors and characteristics.
Indicators and important features: For More Information
- 1,124 facilities, directly employs 25,000 workers.
- The productivity of this sector is around 600 million dollars annually.
- The added value of the stone and marble industry is 54% of the production value, or $ 33 million dollars annually.
- Palestine is characterized by the presence of high-quality natural stocks that are high in quality and come in multiple types.
- Palestine ranked 12th globally in the stone industry.